Lyndsey, Jaxson, Grant and Barkley



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

In Loving Memory of Jim Plank

Sadly, about two weeks ago the world lost a great man ...Jim Plank. I first met Jim in 1997 on the very first day of college, he was the father of my new roommate Jenna. As soon as I met him I knew that he was probably one of the nicest people I had ever met. You could tell right away that he loved his daughter very much, and cared very much about her friends. Over the years Jim and Sue became permanent fixtures at all the important events surrounding my college friends, graduations, weddings, vacations, and even births. It always amazed me that every time I would see them they greeted me with such love and always asked about my kids and family, of which they always remembered all their names. This past weekend I had the extreme honor of attending his memorial service. I was so touched by all the people that came and spoke about the amazing life he had. He was loved by so many and it was very apparent that he will not soon be forgotten. We will miss you!

This is a link to his obituary:
http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=James-Plank&lc=7042&mid=4393223

This is all of us at Jim's memorial, what a celebration of his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment