We all got the opportunity to go down to my parents house in La Quinta, CA for Spring Break this year. La Quinta is about thirty minutes east of Palm Springs and the weather there this time of year is fantastic, 70's and sunny the whole time. On the news one day it said that it was unusually cool for this time of year, but we were not complaining one bit considering the amount of rain we have had to deal with here in Portland. It is about this time of year every year that I start to feel claustrophobic from all the crummy weather, so a week in the sun was just what the doctor ordered! We did some fun things as well as just kicked back and enjoyed my parents pool. The only thing that was not so fun was that we all had our little bouts of being sick. Jaxson and Grant both threw up a couple times, while I seemed to catch a cold that involved the worst sore throat ever. In fact I am still recovering from it, and sadly Jaxson now has it :-( Anyway I hope we all feel better soon!! Here are a few pictures from our little rain break...

Playing in the hot tub, one of their fav activities of the week!
The boys playing Wii...surprisingly enough there was very little video game playing, which made me very happy!
Jaxson and Nick playing catch at the park down the street!
We went to Soak City a water park in Palm Springs....really a fun day!!
I think he is happy, not sure though?
The water was ice cold, but the boys did not seem to mind one bit.
Nick and Jaxson
We went to the Living Desert Zoo on Friday....what a great Zoo, and I highly recommend it. This was the point where the boys were boycotting showers and clean clothes, as you can see! Oh and Jaxson LOVES snakes!
Doing their best snake impression.
Wild beast meets my wild beasts!
Ouch!!
Tried to get a picture of all three of us...this was the best one. Either Jaxson looked like he was being tortured and Grant was trying to be spider man. Oh well whatcha gonna do!!
Looks like such a fun trip! I am so ready for some sun around here (we can dream right)!! And being a total water park junkie I am seriously jealous of your water park excursion :)
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of you and the boys!