Lyndsey, Jaxson, Grant and Barkley



Sunday, September 11, 2011

Let's Go To The Beach!!

The last Sunday before school started we woke up to a beautiful Portland morning....what to do? I check Facebook to see that everyone I know was at the beach on Saturday, and it was 90 degrees...WHAT? Feeling kinda left out, I decide we must go the beach immediately, because when have you ever been to the Oregon coast when it has been 90??

We pack up the kids and hit the road by 10! Well, after we passed North Plains it was apparent that most everyone else in Portland had the same idea. We decided to cut off at Banks and head to Oceanside, one of our favorite beach hide-aways.

When we got there it was gorgeous and I thought we had made an excellent decision, but a few hours later the clouds rolled in on us like a scene out of FOG. We decided just to head home, but we did have fun for the few hours we were there!

Right after we got there, the weather is beautiful!


Sand everywhere...literally!! Sun was out and in our eyes too!

I kinda felt like we were in Southern California, I had never seen so many people at the beach!

There was even a wedding!




The fog rolling in...about another 30 min later we were socked in...bummer!!

The beach is still one of my most favorite places, and I never regret a drive out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment