Starting with me: So last year I agreed to be apart of the PA (Parent Association), which is a three year commitment...this year being the busiest because I am the President (seriously what was I thinking)! The first couple of weeks of school are so beyond busy for the PA that I have barely had a chance to breathe, let alone take pictures, hence more writing and less pictures this post. I really love helping out at Jaxson's school, but sometimes I feel like it's a part time job; with Back-to School Picnics, Health Screenings, and PA Meetings...it's crazy.
This month Nick opened a new office in Salt Lake City, Utah....we are so happy that his business in growing so fast!! He did an amazing job getting this office open. We all really wanted to go down there to celebrate, but with school just starting it was not realistic. Regardless, it was a tremendous success and we could not be happier about it.
Here are a couple pics taken with Nick's phone:
Not sure why these why these pictures imported this way, and I can't rotate them on the blog...argh!
Jaxson is now a big 3rd grader and he is doing wonderful! He really likes his teacher a lot, and I recently found out that she graduated college in 2007, same year Grant was born...made me feel very old :-) He has worked so hard over the last two years with the wonderful reading specialist at his school and has officially graduated the program. Everyone involved cannot believe how far he has come in such a short period of time. So backing up a little...he was diagnosed in kinder with dyslexia, hope that helps to answer why he was working with the reading specialist. With the increase in homework this year, it is has been interesting balancing our time to make sure he has enough time to get it all done. Swimming starts in a week, so it is going to be quite the juggling act. Our focus this year with him is responsibility....so Jaxson is now more responsible for himself and getting everything done and put into it's place. He is adjusting well to not having mom do everything, and although I still give him gentle reminders, he is getting the hang of it! With football season starting this month too, he has really become quite the fan. We had the opportunity to sit front row at a Duck's game last week and he was beyond thrilled. Although it rained, it did not dampen our spirits:
As you know Grant turned 3 at the beginning of the month. With Jaxson going back to school I was looking forward to a few quiet hours in the afternoon to get work and chores out of the way. Ha ha, Grant had other plans. As soon as school started Grant decided that he no longer needed naps. He would just sit in his bed for two hours and not sleep. I am ok with him sitting up there, but he would constantly call me up there for something....a hug, go to the bathroom, drink of water, or just to show me something silly he could do with his foot. After a week of this, I sadly resigned myself to the fact that naps were no longer in my future. It has been a tough adjustment for both of us. He is wonderful in the mornings, but right around 2ish he gets really emotional, and starts to throw tantrums. I have tried to implement a "resting time" and that helps a little, but certainly does not replace a nap. A couple of times he has fallen asleep on the floor about 5 o'clock too, which makes for an interesting evening. Needless to say, it's a work in progress. Also this month, he has regressed in the area of separation anxiety. When I take him to pre-school on Thursday he has a complete meltdown, and his teacher tells me that he pretty much cries all day off and on. This is breaking my heart, but I know I need to stay consistent, and I keep taking him with the hopes that he will grow out if it. Hopefully sooner than later. It's not all been so bad though....my little boy is turning into quite the little story teller and says the absolute funniest things that crack us up on a daily basis! He really takes after Jaxson in the way he loves to make us laugh. He is so very independent and loves to help with household chores, such as mopping the floor, loading laundry, and putting things away. Running errands during the day has become so much easier as well. Grant will not ride in the cart if Jaxson is with us, so it has been nice not to have to chase him around stores. Another little helper has been his ipod. I downloaded a couple movies onto his ipod and only let him watch them when we are in stores....I spent a whole hour in Costco without a peep...I was feeling really good about myself that day :-) So it has been a lot of give and take with him this month.
So next week is October and thus starts all the holiday activities...one of my favorite times of year!! Lots of pics to come then...just in case you were sad I did not have tons this time LOL!!


No comments:
Post a Comment