So this week has been full of things that make me feel extremely old! Grant turned 3 on Sunday, and Jaxson started the 3rd grade today. Really, how did this happen? In the past, the first day of school was greeted with such excitement, this year was a little bit different. Yesterday I told Jaxson that today would be the first day of school and he did not believe me...I actually had to take him to the calendar to prove it was happening. This morning when I went to wake him up he said five more minutes...what the heck!! As we were getting ready to leave I was told that I could only take five pictures of him..seriously!? I think we have officially reached "that" age and it makes me sad that he has grown up so fast! I still got to give him a big kiss before we left which made me very happy, and I know he is going to love the 3rd grade. Oh his teacher is a U of P grad too, so that made us happy! Tonight we will celebrate the first day with our traditional stop at Red Robin. We always go there for first and last days of school, not sure how it happened, but it's a tradition now!

Right before we left! Of course Grant had to be in the pic!
Love the high tops...he thinks they are really cool!
When we got into the classroom I was expecting to help him put away his school supplies, but no! His teacher wanted us just to put his bag next to his desk so they could do it themselves....I am loving her already!
So another milestone reached today, and although I am sad time has gone by so fast, I am so happy about the young man he is becoming!
No comments:
Post a Comment